This double bass was made around the end of the 17th to the beginning of the 18th Century. It was one of a selection of fine Italian instruments purchased by Sir Charles Halle founder of the famous Manchester Halle Orchestra. The bass is offered in excellent condition with an exceptionally warm Italian sound.
- String Length: 42.25 inches (107.5 cm)
- Length of Back: 45 inches (114 cm)
- Rib Depth: 8.75 inches (22.5 cm)
- Upper Bout: 22 inches (56 cm)
- Middle Bout: 15.75 inches (40 cm)
- Lower Bout: 27.25 inches (69 cm)
Contact us for more information