This finely wooded double bass is by the famous English maker Peter Walmsley (1715-51). Walmsley is very famous for viols and ‘cellos and this fine bass is typical of the maker. It is of robust proportions with sound to match. A great example of the older London school.
- String Length: 42.7 inches (108.5cm)
- Length of Back: 45.2 inches (114.7cm)
- Rib Depth: 7.9 inches (20cm)
- Upper Bout: 21.3 inches (54cm)
- Middle Bout: 15.7 inches (40cm)
- Lower Bout: 29.1 inches (74cm)
Contact us for more information