Camillo Mandelli ( 1873-1956) is one of the fineest northern Italian masters of the early 20th Century. He was born in Calco (Como) and studied with Bisiach and Antonazzi (in whose style he worked). "His round backed double basses were particularly successful". Mandelli worked from 1889 to 1920 in Buenos Aires where this fine example was made. Rich red-brown varnish, classic Italian model and workmanship and a really robust sound make this a gem.
- String Length: 42 inches (107 cm)
- Length of Back: 43 inches (110 cm)
- Rib Depth: 8.5 inches (21 cm)
- Upper Bout: 20 inches (51 cm)
- Middle Bout: 14.5 inches (37 cm)
- Lower Bout: 25.5 inches (65 cm)
Contact us for more information